Window awnings are great means to protect your windows from harsh weather conditions. But window awnings are not only for that use, they can also increase your home’s architectural value.
If you are looking for replacement awnings or just looking for new ones, you should be well aware of the advantages of having well designed awnings for your home.
Important Information that you Need to Know About Awnings
- Wood frames are vulnerable to harsh weathers like snow, rain and heavy winds. The protection provided by awnings can greatly reduce the degradation of your windows that are caused by too much exposure to different weather elements.
- Larger awnings that can cover a patio or a porch can make them more enjoyable by protecting you from a different weathers. You can just relax on your patio without having to worry about the weather.
- In areas where consistent rains are observed even during the summertime, having window awnings means you can leave your windows open during summertime rains and still allow fresh air to circulate in your home.
- Another great advantage of having window awnings is that it reduces glare on your computer monitors or television screens. In most cases, you would have to block off the natural sun light to reduce glare. But with having window awnings, you would need to be hassled by this doing. In addition, the canopy cover that an awning provides means that you can just leave your blinds and curtains open allowing natural light coming into your home with any glare.
- The best information that you would need to know about window awnings is that it helps keep your home cool even during the hot summertime. Studies say that awnings reduce the heat coming into a home by over 75% during summer months.
Factors that Makes a Good Window Awning
Take your time while choosing your new awnings. You don’t have to rush the process of picking an awning because of some high pressure sales tactics.
You would have to consider a lot of things before choosing one besides its cheap price. Here is some of the couple of things that would give you a great value for your money.
- The ideal materials for awnings are aluminum or canvas like fabrics. Aluminum window awnings do not really require high maintenance, but it sacrifices decorative styles. But in the other hand, Fabric awnings require higher level of maintenance but it does have great decorative features.
- Try choosing the right size that would fit the needs for the protection of your area. Oversized awnings might give the protection that you want but it would also look more bulky. Meanwhile smaller window awnings might have attractive decorative features but maybe are too small for you to give you protection. So it would definitely help if you know what you need.
- There are a lot of styles and designs when it comes to window awnings. From quarter barrel to domed, to gable walkway and a lot more. You would have to make sure that you know all the different design patters that are available for your window or patio and pick something that can blend in to your home’s architectural style.
Window awnings are very important addition to home your especially if you want to have your home protected from harsh weather conditions.
However, there are a lot of factors that are worth reconsidering, but no matter how it ends up make sure that you take your time in thinking about what is best for the protection of your home.